A coffee can drum is easy to make and attractive for kids to play with. Learn how to make coffee can drum craft by exploring this article.
Coffee Can Drum
Children's Day is dedicated to childhood. India celebrated Children's Day to honor the birthday of its first Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru. Though the world marks the Universal Children's Day on 20th November, India celebrates this festival on 14th November, Nehru's birthday. Observed across the nation, different programs and activities, including crafts, are organized for the kids. Combine creativity and music by making a coffee can drum for your kids on Children's Day. Kids love music at this age and use different things like pots, pans and plastic containers as their instruments. By making a coffee can drum, children would be able to showcase their talent in a better way. Read through the lines to know how to make this innovative and fascinating craft.
How To Make Coffee Can Drum
- Coffee Can
- Construction Paper (any color)
- Tape/ Glue
- Small Dowels/ Craft Sticks
How to Make
- Cover the coffee can with a plastic top to have a surface to play on.
- Glue the construction paper around the coffee can.
- Decorate the drum with markers and crayons as per your choice.
- For the drum mallets, use small craft dowels or sticks.
- An empty Coffee Can (with a plastic lid)
- Construction Paper
- Paint/ Markers
- Dowels/ Sticks from trees in the park.
- String, Leather, Feathers, Beads (any bits of scrap material you might have)
How to Make
- You can prepare your drum either by painting the coffee can or covering it with construction paper.
- Keep the plastic lid on the can, as this will serve as the drum head.
- In case you are painting the coffee can, paint it in any color of your choice and leave it for drying.
- Stick on different pictures and decorating things on the can.
- In case you are covering the can with construction paper, glue the paper carefully around the can.
- Paint on the construction paper or create designs and creatures on the paper using markers. You can even paste some pictures cut from magazines or newspapers.
- For a neat effect, cover the drum with aluminum foil.
- Use wooden dowels or wooden sticks as drum mallets to beat the coffee can drum.