Paper plate sun is an easy craft to prepare at home. Go through this article to know how to make paper plate sun craft.
Paper Plate Sun
The birth anniversary of the first Prime Minister of independent India is celebrated as Children's Day in India. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru was born on 14th November. As such, this day is commemorated as Children's Day throughout India with great splendor and grandeur. Nehru was very fond of children and hence, was conferred upon with the name, Chacha Nehru as a token of respect. He considered children to be the future of the nation and worked for their welfare. The occasion is marked in almost all the schools all over India with various programs and events. Different crafts are also made on this occasion to encourage kids to portray their talent. Paper plate sun is a sweet craft that can be made by little ones. Help them out and let them have a piece of bright and sunny sun in their life.
How To Make Paper Plate Sun
- Paper Plate
- Craft Paint (yellow, orange and pink)
- 1 sheet Yellow Construction Paper
- 1 sheet Orange Construction Paper
- Glue Stick
- 2 large Wiggle Eyes
- Black Marker
- 1 small round Sponge Applicator
- 1 large round Sponge Applicator
- White Craft Glue
How to Make
- Paint the paper plate with yellow craft paint.
- Fold the yellow construction paper in half and then again in half in the other direction.
- Trace out two large triangles onto the yellow paper.
- Carefully cut out the triangles to get 8 triangles.
- Fold the orange construction paper in half and then again in half in the other direction.
- Draw two smaller triangles on the orange paper.
- Turn the paper to 180 degrees and fit in another triangle between the two.
- Cut out the triangles to get 12 cutouts in all.
- Glue the triangles to the back of the painted paper plate.
- The ends of the triangles should be ½ inch from the rim of the plate.
- You can overlap the triangles as you glue them to the plate.
- Glue the wiggle eyes to the center of the plate to form the eyes of the sun.
- Using a black marker, draw the mouth and eyebrows dot on the plate to form the nose.
- Dip the large round applicator in pink and dot on to make the cheeks.