Let your kids enjoy Children's Day with some handheld ribbon streamers. Explore this article to know how to make this exciting craft.
Handheld Ribbon Streamers
Children's Day is celebrated on 14th November every year, in India, to mark the birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru. Known as Bal Divas in Hindi, Children's Day pays a tribute to the great leader who loves children very much. Nehru played a major role in developing the education system for the children. He emphasized on the point that education was supremely important for the growth and development of an individual and the country as well. Hence, the occasion calls for a celebration of childhood and a day of the kids. Events and activities are organized especially for kids for their entertainment. Handheld ribbon streamer is easy to make craft and will enable your kids to flaunt them at their school. Moreover, they look cool and great when kids play with them around. Learn how to make handheld ribbon streamers by following the method given herein.
How To Make Handheld Ribbon Streamers
- Paper Towel Roll Tube
- Tacky Glue
- Roll of Red Ribbon
- Roll of Blue Ribbon
- Roll of White Ribbon
- Roll of striped Red, White and Blue Ribbon
- Hole Punch
- Measuring Tape/ Ruler/ Yardstick
How to Make
- Wrap the striped red, white and blue ribbon around the paper towel roll tube. Apply tacky glue under the ribbon as you wrap up the roll tube.
- Wrap the ribbon either at an angle or horizontally, as per your choice.
- After completing with the wrapping of the ribbon, allow the glue to dry completely.
- Punch 9 holes in the bottom of the paper towel tube using the hole punch.
- Cut three strips of red, blue and white ribbon, about 46 inches long each. You will now have 9 strips in total.
- Tie a knot at the top of each ribbon strip.
- Pull each strip through the holes punched in the paper towel tube. Make sure that the knot is on the inside of the paper towel tube.
- Your handheld ribbon streamer is ready. Enjoy!