Frog hat is a fun craft to indulge in. Explore this article to learn how to make frog hat on the occasion of Childrenís Day.
Jawaharlal Nehruís birthday is celebrated as Childrenís Day throughout India to pay a tribute to his love for the children. It is a celebration of childhood and children. Nehru, fondly known as Chacha Nehru, was born on 14th of November. He was the first Prime Minister of India. The national festival is commemorated all across India with fun and frolic. Different activities are organized by schools on this day to keep the kids occupied. Mothers too get busy with making something special for their little ones. In case you are searching for a unique and different concept, frog hat is the best bet. Browse through the lines below to know how to make frog hat and let your kid enjoy in the true spirit of childhood.
How To Make Frog Hat
- Cereal Box (opened to lie flat)
- Construction Paper (green and white)
- Cellophane Tape
- Glue Stick
How to Make
- Along the length of the cereal box, cut out a 2 inch wide strip.
- Measure this strip around your kid’s head and staple the ends to make a ring or band.
- Any excess cardboard should be cut off.
- Cover the cardboard strip with green construction paper and secure it with tape.
- Draw a frog face on green construction paper. Cut it out.
- Decorate the frog face with marker.
- Cut out two eyes from white construction paper.
- Decorate the eyes with marker as well.
- Paste the bottom of the eyes at the back of the frog’s head such that the eyes are at the top of the head.
- Glue the bottom of the frog’s head to the front of the green band.
- Draw two arms and hands on green construction paper. Cut them.
- Decorate them and paste to the band at the sides of the head.
- Draw two legs of the frog and feet on green construction paper.
- Cut them out and decorate with marker.
- Place the tops of the frog’s legs on the inside of the band on both sides of the frog’s head.
- Carefully tape the legs to secure them in place. The legs should be hanging out of the band.
- Your frog hat is ready. Present it to your child and see him/ her enjoy it.
Comment On This Article