Sunflower pillow is a sweet craft to try on for little kids. Check out this article to know how to make sunflower pillow craft.
14th November is celebrated as Children’s Day in India to commemorate Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru’s birth anniversary, independent India’s first Prime Minister. Nehru intense love and passion for kids is honored on this national festival as he made great efforts and worked towards the education and growth of children of India. He was fondly known as Chacha Nehru by the kids. Schools all over India organize various cultural programs and events, especially for the kids. Children also engage in preparing different craft items on this occasion. Making a cute little sunflower pillow will help little minds show out their creativity. The pillow can be used either as a pincushion, decorative item on the shelf or as a soft pillow to rest on. Know how to make sunflower pillow craft by following the instructions given herein.
How To Make Sunflower Pillow
- ½ sheet Gold Felt
- ½ sheet Brown Felt
- 4-6 Cotton Balls
- Small scrap of Red Felt
- Black Craft Paint
- Hot Glue Gun
How to Make
- Draw two large circles on the brown felt to form the center of the sunflower.
- Carefully cut it out.
- Likewise, place the brown cutout circle over the gold felt and draw the petals of the sunflower outside the circle.
- Cut out the flower and the center circle from the flower.
- Place the flower over one of the brown felt circles and glue them together using hot glue gun.
- Turn the flower over and glue the other brown felt circle to the flower. Be sure to leave an inch open to stuff the pillow.
- Stuff in cotton balls in the center of the flower carefully.
- Glue the open end of the circle to close it.
- Cut out a small oval shape from the red felt to make a ladybug.
- Using black craft paint, paint one end of the red oval felt to form the head of the ladybug.
- Create dots on the ladybug’s back by using the handle end of the paintbrush. Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Glue the prepared ladybug on the sunflower pillow.
Comment On This Article