Learn how to make tissue paper pom-poms in this article. To make some exciting tissue paper pom-poms craft, explore this article.
Tissue Paper Pom-Poms
Children’s Day is celebrated on 14th November in India while the world celebrates the Universal Children’s Day on 20th November. The festival is marked on this day in India to commemorate Pt Jawaharlal Nehru’s birth anniversary. Nehru was independent India’s first Prime Minister. He loved children and this national festival pays a tribute to his love for the future of India. Celebrated all over India, cultural programs and events are organized by schools. Kids are encouraged to make different crafts that showcase their creative abilities. In case you are looking out for one such creative and inventive craft, pom-poms made from tissue paper are a great option to try out. Check out the lines below to learn how to make tissue paper pom-poms.
How To Make Tissue Paper Pom-Poms
- 9 Tissue Paper Sheets (approximately 20x25")
- 1 Chenille Stem
- 36" piece of String/ Fishing Line
- Thumb Tack
How to Make
- Take 9 pieces of tissue papers in 3 different colors. Play with different colors.
- Stack them over one another either similar colors together or alternated.
- Leave a 20 inches wide end and start folding the sheets at 1.5 inches wide.
- Wrap the chenille stem around the center of the folded tissue paper and twist it once.
- Place one end of the string under the chenille and tie it around the chenille. Tie the string into a knot.
- Now, wrap the chenille around the tissue paper until it is properly wrapped.
- Trim the edges of the tissue paper in pointed or rounded cuts with the help of scissors.
- Place the tissue paper over the table and carefully, separate the layers individually. Be sure not to rip or tear the tissue paper.
- Separate the tissue papers till all the layers have been separated.
- Tissue paper pom-poms are ready for displaying.
- You can hang them from the ceiling or doors in your bedroom or living room using thumbtacks.
- These pom-poms can be used for parties as well.
Comment On This Article