‘Faces of the World’ necklace is an interesting craft to work on. Learn how to make this necklace craft by glancing through this article.
Faces of the World Necklace
Children’s Day in India is celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary of our first Prime Minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. Born on 14th November, Nehru loved and adored children a lot and hence, this day has been dedicated to this great leader-cum-politician. This great personality had been bestowed upon the title of Chacha Nehru by the kids for his continuous efforts for the education and development of kids of India. This national festival is celebrated with huge excitement, enthusiasm and magnificence throughout the nation. Special programs are organized in all schools for the kids wherein they participate in various activities. Different crafts are also made on this day to reveal kids’ talent. ‘Faces of the World’ necklace is a sweet craft to involve young children. Learn how to make this fascinating craft by reading through the lines below.
How To Make Faces Of The World Necklace
- Plastic Tub
- White Glue
- Measuring Cups
- Paper Plate
- Old Magazines/ Catalogs
- Colored Cord
How to Make
- Take a plastic tub and mix in 1 cup of sand with ¼ cup of white glue.
- Work on to make dough.
- Break a small piece of dough and roll it to form a bead. The bead should be large enough to hold on a small picture of a person’s face.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and make around 7 to 8 beads.
- Using an adult’s help, pierce a hole through the center of the bead using a nail.
- In case you find the dough to be very mushy, put back the beads together and mix in some more sand.
- Place the beads on a paper plate to let them dry. Allow the beads to turn hard.
- Meanwhile, cut out small snaps of children from magazines or catalogs depicting different expressions.
- Glue the pictures onto the front of the beads.
- In case you want to brighten up the beads, color them with different markers.
- Measure the colored cord long enough to go over your head.
- Tape the cord and pass it through the holes of the beads to string them together.
- Remove the tape from the cord end and tie both the ends of the cord together.
- Your ‘faces of the world’ necklace is ready to wear and flaunt.
- You can use pictures of your family and friends. Let the world know about your buddies.