Make a magnet movie theater for your kids and their friends on Children’s Day. Know how to prepare magnet movie theater craft through this article.
Magnet Movie Theater
Children’s Day is commemorated on 14th November in India. The day is celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of India’s first Prime Minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. Nehru was fond of children and hence, this day is observed to pay tribute to this legendary leader and freedom fighter. The national festival is celebrated with great splendor and grandeur throughout the nation. Various programs and events are organized for kids on this day to celebrate childhood. Kids also participate in activities pertaining to their talents. On this special occasion of Children’s Day, why not create something different and gift to your kids. Magnet Movie Theater is a great craft to make for mothers for their children. Read on further to know how to make magnet movie theater craft.
How To Make Magnet Movie Theater
- Shoe Box (without a lid)
- Construction Paper
- Old Magazines/ Catalogs
- Paper Clips
How to Make
- Cover the inside and outside of the shoe box with different colored construction paper.
- If you wish, you can write down the name of the movie theater on all the sides of the box.
- Cut out pictures from magazines or catalogs that depict the background of your movie.
- Glue the pictures on the inside of the shoe box.
- In case you are showing objects that would be moving, such as people, animals, clouds or vehicles, glue paper clips at the back of the objects.
- While narrating the story, place the cutouts against the background and move a magnet against the back of the shoe box just behind the paper clip.
- When you move the magnet, the cutout will hold up and move along with it.
- To make two or more characters move, use two or more magnets at the back of the shoe box.
- To give a real effect, cut curtains form the fabric and glue the top edge to the top of the box.
- Before you start off with the movie, switch off the lights and let one of your friends shine a flashlight on the screen.
- Flip the curtains and start the movie.