A number of spicy recipes, using ham, are prepared for Easter dinner and lunch. In this article, we have provided an easy recipe of Easter ham.
Easter Ham is a traditional Easter recipe made by using fully cooked smoked ham shank along with other spices, vinegar and maple syrup. It is a real delight for those who love red meats. Extremely luscious to taste and not so difficult to make, Easter Ham is one recipe that you find in almost all the Christian home on the occasion of Easter celebrations. If you love tasting various kinds of meats, you must this recipe once. So, on this Easter feast prepare the Easter ham whole heartedly. To help you with preparations and cooking tips, we have given the instructions for making Easter ham below. Simply follow the instructions give below to make a sumptuous Easter Ham.
- One 7-8 pound fully cooked smoked ham shank
- 1 cup Maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon Cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Prepared mustard
- Whole cloves
- Mix syrup, vinegar and mustard in a bowl.
- Place ham, fat side up in a shallow roasting pan.
- Pour about ½ cup mixture over ham and bake uncovered in a preheated 325-degree oven for 1-1/2 hour.
- Put additional sauce every 30 minutes.
- Remove ham from oven and scour fat into diamond shapes.
- Insert a clove into each diamond.
- Bake ham an additional 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of meat registers 140 degrees.
- Let ham rest 15 minutes before carving.
- Makes 10 to 12 servings.