Here are the steps as to how to make bunny hand
puppet, an easy Easter craft.
Bunny Hand Puppet
Easter is a festive occasion for the Christian community throughout the world. On this day, people engage themselves in merry making and feasting. They also decorate their houses and exchange gifts amongst each other. Easter Crafts are also a vital part of the Easter celebrations. On the occasion of Easter, children make Easter crafts in order to decorate their houses. One of the most famous Easter craft is Bunny Hand Puppet. Kids can make bunny hand puppets using simple garden gloves. They can use these hand puppets to enact mono plays based on the story of the Easter bunny. Here are the instructions for how to make a Bunny Hand Puppet.
- Canvas Garden Glove
- 1/4" dowel stick
- Craft glue
- Assorted buttons, fabric, ribbon to decorate
- Orange & green felt
- Small amount of fiber fill
- Black permanent marker
- Push the thumb of the canvas glove to the inside forming a pocket on the outside of the glove.
- Fold the index finger and the little finger and glue to form the bunny's arms.
- Fold the tip of the middle two fingers over slightly and glue to form ear tips.
- Use permanent marker to draw in the eyes, mouth, whiskers and eyebrows. Dot the nose and the cheeks.
- Roll a small piece of orange felt into a cone and glue several small strips of green felt to the top to form a carrot. Insert the carrot in the thumb pocket and glue in place.
- Decorate the bunny with buttons, lace, scraps of fabric glued on as desired.
- Stuff the body lightly with fiberfill. Insert the dowel stick into the stuffing using a little glue on dowel stick to anchor.