Moru Curry is a delicious yoghurt curry popular in Kerala. Go through this recipe and know how to make Moru Curry.
Kerala is famous for its umpteen varieties of curry. One of them is the delicious Moru Curry. It is basically a yoghurt curry popular in Kerala. It is served along with varieties of rice. Preparation of Moru Curry is a very easy task and hardly requires 20 minutes. It is often prepared in a Malayalee home and served hot with rice. It is an ideal recipe for those who love slightly sour curry with rice. If you also like to have some light and less spicy yet relishing curry with rice, Moru curry is an ideal option for you. Check out the recipe given below.
Moru Curry Recipe
- 10 Oz. Pineapple chunks
- 4 cups Yogurt
- 3/4 tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Red chili powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin powder.
- 2 cups Water
- 1 stem Curry leaves
- 2 Red Chilies
- 1 tsp. Mustard Seed
- Fenugreek seed
- Oil for seasoning
- Cook pineapple in water with salt and turmeric powder until tender.
- Add cumin powder while cooking. Reduce water to about 1 cup.
- Turn the heat to very low.
- Add the yogurt to the mixture.
- Mix well and turn the heat off.
- Season with oil, mustard seed, red chili, fenugreek seed and curry leaves