Banana Halwa is an extremely delicious sweet recipe popular in Kerala. Know how to make Kele Ka Halwa, through this article.
Kerala recipes are extremely luscious. Apart from the variety of coconut dishes, the most relishing Kerala recipes are sweet to taste. Payasams, Uniyappam, Elayada, Achappam, Banana Halwa (Nenthra Pazham Haluva) are the most popular sweet dishes of the state. Kele ka Halwa (banana halwa) or the Nenthra Pazham Haluva is one of most relished Malayalee dish. As it is clear by its name, banana is the chief ingredient of this recipe. Extremely scrumptious and very easy to make, this recipe is worth trying once. Read on for the recipe, if you are interested in know how to make kele ka halwa.
Banana Halwa Recipe
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg, ground
- 1 tbsp Pure Ghee
- 3 medium Bananas, ripe, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup Sugar
- Heat the ghee in a heavy pan.
- Add bananas and cook over low heat, stirring to prevent the mixture from sticking. Cook for 10 minutes, or until bananas have browned and resemble soft toffee. Add more ghee as neccessary.
- Add sugar and continue stirring until dissolved.
- Add nutmeg and cardamom; remove from heat.
- Spread halwa into a deep, large plate. Allow it to cool and cut into squares.
Comment On This Article