Dry Fruit Kesari is a delicious South Indian sweet dish. Know how to make Dry Fruit Kesari, through this recipe.
Dry Fruit Kesari
Sweet dishes of Kerala are extremely famous for their wonderful taste. One of them is the Dry Fruit Kesari, a popular sweet dish of Kerala. Made of Rava and dry fruits as the primary items, Kesari is extremely scrumptious to taste. It is prepared in a very manner very similar to north Indian ‘Rava Halwa’, except for the fact that the Halwa is not cut into diamond shape later on. It is a special dish that is generally prepared on the festive occasions. It is served hot. If you also want to try this extremely delicious delicacy, scroll below for the recipe.
Dry Fruit Kesari Recipe
- 1/2 cup dry fruits (chopped dates, raisins, cranberries and other nuts),
- 1/2 cup rava,
- 3 tbsp sugar,
- 2 tsp ghee,
- 1 pinch cardamom powder,
- 6 almonds,
- 1 cup water, and
- 3-4 drops food color optional (yellow, orange or red)
- Stir-fry Rava with 1 tsp ghee on low flame till the smell of raw grain goes.
- Set it aside for later use.
- Sauté dry fruits for 5-10 seconds in a pan with 1 tbsp ghee on low flame
- Add water, sugar, cardamom powder and food color to them and increase heat to high flame.
- Add roasted rava to boiling water slowly and smoothen out any lumps and mix well.
- Reduce heat and keep stirring continuously till the mixture is cooked. One can know that the mixture is cooked when it starts coming off the pan easily.
- Grease a plate and pour 'kesari' into it.
- Let it cool and get set.
- Cut it into smaller pieces and garnish it with an almond.
- Kesari is now ready to be served.
Comment On This Article