Mor Kuzhambu is a scrumptious butter milk curry recipe, popular in Kerala. Know how to make Mor Kuzhambu, from this article.
Mor Kuzhambu is a popular south Indian dish. It is actually buttermilk curry seasoned with cumin seeds, coriander seeds, turmeric powder and mustard seeds. It is very easy to make and hardly takes 15-20 minutes for preparation. It is extremely luscious and is relishing when served along with plain hot rice. If you are a curry lover, you will simply love this recipe. Not only that it its tasty, it is also a healthy and nutritious diet. So, if you want to eat some thing light and less spicy next time, have Mor Kuzhambu with plain rice. Scroll below for the recipe.
Mor Kuzhambu Recipe
- 5 cups Buttermilk
- 4-5 Green Chilies, slit
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2-3 tbsp Coconut, shredded
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 sprig of Curry Leaves
- Oil, for seasoning
- Add 1/2 tsp of turmeric to the buttermilk and mix well.
- Add water if the buttermilk is too thick.
- Add salt and heat on a low flame till the buttermilk reaches room temperature.
- Take it from the fire and set aside. Roast in a little oil, one by one, the coconut, the remaining turmeric,jeera, coriander and green chillies.
- Blend to a smooth paste.
- Add this coconut paste to the warm buttermilk, put it back on the stove and heat for approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Season it with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
This dish cannot be re-heated on direct fire.
Comment On This Article