If you want to become a pro at making
Shakkarpare, then check out the article. We have given the best recipe
for Shakar Pare, here.
Shakkarpare is a melt-in-the-mouth sweet, made
especially on festivals in India. On the occasion of Diwali, people in
northern parts of the country enjoy making shakkar pare, an easy to make
recipe, which doesnt require too many ingredients. Moreover, you
can relish on the sweet for many days, because it has a long shelf life.
Although making shakkarpare doesnt take much time, you need to
know the consistency of the sugar syrup and the proper method to knead
the dough for the recipe. With the instructions given below, you will
know how to make delicious shakkar pare.
Shakkar Pare Recipe
1 cup whole wheat flour
11/2 cup maida (plain flour)
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp Saunf
1/3 cup ghee
Ghee to deep fry
- Mix all the ingredients except sugar. Blend well. Add little
amount of water, while mixing the ingredients, and then knead it
into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into equal parts and roll out into thick
chappatis, without using any dry flour.
- Cut the rolled out chappatis with a cookie cutter or knife, into
small diamond shapes.
- Lift the cut chapattis with spatula and keep them aside on a dry
cloth, for about one hour.
- In the meantime, make a sugar syrup by heating the sugar with
water over medium flame. Do not caramelize the sugar. Once the syrup
becomes thick, remove it from the flame and set it aside.
- Deep fry the cut chapattis in hot ghee, over slow flame, until
light golden brown.
- Drain the ghee well and then dip the fried treat into the already
prepared sugar syrup.
- After you have prepared the shakkarpare, set them aside to cool
and then store them in an air tight container.