Ghathia is a crunchy snack that can be prepared
in no time. Explore the article and get the recipe for Ghatia.
On the occasion of Diwali when everybody around is
busy making sweet dishes, tasty, crunchy and salty Ghathia or Namak Pare
are great relief. Though it is not full time dish, it can be used as
snacks and munchies anytime anywhere. Ghathias are like finger chips in
shape. Made of either white flour or maida, the Ghathias are light
snacks which can be served alone or along with any sweet dish like
Gujiya or Gulab Jamun. Preparing a Ghathiya is a very less time taking
and hassle free task. So even if you want to be prepare something
crunchy and scrumptious without much effort, here is the recipe of the
universally liked Ghathias.
- 1/2 kg Wheat Flour
- 11/2 cups Water
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Oil for frying as required
- Salt according to taste
- Sieve the wheat flour and rub the oil into it.
- Then add the salt, Ajwain and mix well.
- Make a well in the center, add enough water and knead into a
- Heat oil in a kadhai, to smoking point.
- Roll out the dough into big size Chapati (flat round Indian
bread)and cut it into long strips.
- Now put these long strips into the hot oil.
- Remove from the oil when crisp and golden brown in color.
- Drain on tissue paper, cool and store in airtight containers.