Gajar Ka Halwa (Carrot Pudding) is a very
delicious dessert of India. Learn how to make Gajar Ka Halwa, with the
recipe given in the article.
Gajar Ka Halwa
When we talk is about Indian desserts, one name that
undoubtedly comes into every person's mind is the traditional Gajar ka
halwa prepared on every Indian home in almost all the festivals. On the
occasion of Diwali, Gajar ka Halwa is an unavoidable part of the menu.
When served hot, the Gajar Ka Halwa tastes wonderful. It is simply the
prefect sweet dish to be relished post dinner. Not only its delicious,
its also fulfilling and nutritious with about 8 grams of proteins,
50.3gram carbohydrates and 1.9 grams of fat. Making Gajar Ka Halwa is
not a very difficult task in terms of process; it requires a little more
time and patience than any other halwa. Even if you are in love with
this mouth watering dish, here is the recipe
Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe
- 1 kg Carrots
- 1 litre Milk
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom seeds
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3 tablespoons Ghee
- 2 tablespoons Raisins
- 2 tablespoons Almonds
- 2 tablespoons Pistachios
- 450 grams Sugar
- Wash and grate the carrots. Soak the raisins in water for 30
minutes. Blanch and shred the nuts.
- Put the water to boil, when it starts boiling add the grated
carrots. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the milk. Cook on a low flame for 1 hour stirring
- Add sugar, mix well and cook till the sugar has dissolved and all
the milk has been absorbed.
- Add ghee and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add the slightly crushed
cardamoms and the raisins.
- Mix well. Remove from heat and arrange in a serving dish. Garnish
with almonds and pistachios. Serve cold, hot or at room temperature.