Baking a cake on your own is one of the best ways to wish your teacher a 'Happy Teacher's Day'. Read on to explore easy Teachers Day cake recipe.
Teacher's Day Cake
Cakes are one of the most sought after things on the occasion of Teacher's Day. Students get cake for their favorite teacher and ask him/her to cut it on this auspicious occasion. There are various types of cakes in the market and if you are planning to buy one for your teacher as well, it is better to be aware of his/her favorite flavor. Some of the students also make Teacher's Day cake on their own and bring it to school, to present it as a gift to their beloved teacher. In fact, it is very nice idea to present a homemade cake to your teacher, on an occasion as special as Teacher's day, to bring sweetness to his/her mouth as well as life. Want to explore the recipe of an easy Teacher's Day cake? Read on!
easy Teacher Day Cake Recipe
- 1¼ cup All-purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (dark)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 pinch Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla essence
- ½ cup Milk or Water
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil (flavorless)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 2/3 cup Heavy Cream or Whipping Cream
- 260 gm Semisweet Chocolate (40-50% Cocoa)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F (180 deg C) and grease a 9-inch (23 cm) cake tin with vegetable oil.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl. Add milk/water, vegetable oil and eggs. Mix well.
- Keep on mixing the ingredients until smooth, either by hand or by using an electric mixer at slow speed. If the batter is too runny, you may add some more flour.
- Transfer the batter to the cake tin and bake at 350 degrees, for approximately 35 to 45 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- After the cake has cooled down, slice it horizontally, through the middle, to make two equal-sized layers (easier if the cake has been in the fridge). Set them aside.
- Now, heat 2/3 cup of heavy cream or whipping cream in a sauce pan. Remove from heat and add finely chopped dark semisweet chocolate.
- Keep on stirring the cream and chocolate, until smooth. Now, let the frosting cool down and thicken, if needed in the fridge.
- Use 1/3 frosting between the two layers, 1/3 on top, and the rest around the cake. Put the cake in the fridge for an hour or more, to harden the frosting. Your cake is ready to be served!