The article brings you an easy Hanukkah recipe for dessert. Try this mouth-watering dessert & give your family a delicious surprise on Chanukah.
Hanukkah Dessert Recipe
Hanukah celebrations are marked by treating and feasting. Celebrators prepare a range of traditional delicacies on this day and enjoy the feast with their family and friends. However, no sumptuous feast is complete without some mouth-watering desserts and the same holds true for Hanukkah as well. The articlis brings you the ingredients required and the method to be followed for making a delicious desert on Hanukkah. The recipe given below is easy to make and does not involve any cumbersome steps. Try it at home and give a sweet treat to you family on this Hanukkah.
Easy Chanukah Dessert Recipe
Walnut and Cinnamon Rugelach
- 1 container (8 ounces) Creamed Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup Margarine\Butter
- 2 cup All-purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 3/4 cup Walnuts (finely chopped)
- 3/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Margarine/Butter (melted)
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- For preparing the cotton cheese dough, blend cottage cheese, margarine/butter and flour and combine them well. The dough should begin to come away from the sides of the bowl.
- Divide the cheese dough into three equal portions and flatten each piece into a disk. Use a plastic wrap to nicely wrap each of the dough disks. Refrigerate them until they are ready to be used.
- To prepare the walnut filling, combine brown sugar, cinnamons and walnuts in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 400 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet using foil and grease the foil.
- Roll one piece of dough into a 12-inch circle, using floured rolling pin. Before you do this, take care to flour the work surface.
- Brush some melted margarine or butter on the dough. Spread one third filling on the dough and gently press it.
- Using a pastry wheel or sharp knife, cut the dough into 16 equal wedges. Roll up each wedge in a jelly-roll fashion, starting at the curved edge.
- Arrange rugelach on the cookie sheet, keeping the point side downwards. Keep a distance of ½ inch between two rugelachs.
- Beat egg yolk in a cup, with 1 tbsp water. Use this mixture to brush the top of each rugelach. Bake all rugelachs for a period of 20-22 minutes, until they are golden in color. Remove immediately and cool them.
- Repeat the procedure with remaining dough, melted margarine or butter, filling, and yolk mixture. Store rugelach in tightly covered container for a period of 1 week.
Comment On This Article