The article brings you a few easy recipes for Hanukkah dinner. Try them and enjoy a scrumptious & delightful Chanukah dinner with your family.
Hanukkah Dinner Recipes
Hanukkah is a festive occasion in which feasting and treating forms a major part of the celebration. Preparations for the Hanukkah dinner begin days in advance and delicacies to be included in the menu may include individual preferences. However, there are some Hanukkah recipes that are relished by one and all alike. This article brings you a few such recipes which you can safely include in your dinner menu on Hanukkah. They are pretty easy to make and do not involve any cumbersome steps. Read on to know the recipe of some delicious dishes for Hanukkah dinner.
Easy Chanukah Dinner Recipes
Pot Roast With Vegetable Gravy
- Olive oil Cooking Spray
- 4 pound Rump Roast (1.9 kg)
- 2 large Onions (sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves (peeled)
- 1 whole Clove
- 2 Bay Leaves (broken in half)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Thyme (crushed & dried)
- 1 Carrot (peeled and sliced)
- 1 rib of Celery (chopped)
- 3 cups (720 ml) Beef Broth (fat-free & low-sodium)
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 325 degree F. Spray olive oil cooking spray on a cooking pan lightly.
- Brown the roast on all the sides, on a medium heat.
- Surround the roast with onion and garlic and then, add whole clove, bay leaves, thyme, carrot, celery, and beef broth.
- Bring the mixture to simmer. Cover and place the pan in the oven. Roast until the beef becomes tender, which may take over 3 ½ hours.
- Remove the roast and let it stand on a carving board, covered with aluminum foil, for 15 minutes, before slicing.
- Put the vegetables and pan juices in a strainer. Remove the clove and bay leaves. Force the vegetables through the strainer, with the back of a large spoon. This is done to thicken the pan juices to make gravy.
- Add the brown caramel colored bits around the sides of the roaster. Remove any visible fat. Place the gravy in a saucepan and heat, stirring until it thickens and becomes smooth. Season to taste with pepper.
- Slice the pot roast into thin pieces against the grains and spread gravy over it, when you serve.
Creamy Potato Bake
- 2 cups Cream
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- 2 (12 oz.) pkgs. Hash Brown Potatoes (frozen, shredded and thawed)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 325 degrees F.
- Take a small saucepan and combine cream, butter, salt and pepper in it. Heat the saucepan until the butter melts. Take care that the cream does not boil.
- Put the potatoes in a glass baking dish. Pour the cream mixture over the potatoes and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over them.
- Bake the potatoes at a temperature of 325 degrees, for 40-45 minutes, or until they begin to get brown.
Comment On This Article