Whisk and blend this Halloween and create some luscious desserts for the festival. Read on to explore easy Halloween dessert recipes given here.
As quoted by William Powell, ‘dessert is probably the most important stage of the meal, since it will be the last thing your guests remember, before they pass out all over the table’. This single line says it all and indicates the importance of desserts as the perfect windup for a complete meal. In fact, in many-a-customs, a meal without desserts as the final course is regarded as incomplete and this goes for the occasion of Halloween too. Halloween, a festival of parties, feasts and gala time, is associated with the preparation of scrumptious meals and mouthwatering desserts. So this Halloween, indulge in the sweet and tempting festive dessert recipes given below and make the occasion special and unique. They are made from very easily available ingredients and will look absolutely spectacular when served to your guests and family members.
Easy Halloween Dessert Recipes
Batty Chocolate Mousse with Chocolate Cookie Wings
Batty Chocolate Mousse
- 6 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate (finely chopped)
- Chocolate Cookie Dough
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
For Chocolate Glaze
- 8 ounces Bittersweet Chocolate
- 2 tbsp Softened Butter
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Water
- Prior to preparing the dessert, dust a flat working surface with dough. Then place the chocolate cookie dough over the surface and dust with flour.
- With a rolling pin, put around 3 rolls over the dough, dust with additional flour and continue rolling, till it is about half inch thick.
- Pre-heat the oven to about 350°F.
- Now, using a blunt knife, outline 6 circles (3-inch each) and 12 bat wing shapes. This being done, place them over a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for around 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for some time.
- For the Batty Chocolate Mousse, boil around 1 cup of the cream in a small saucepan and pour over the finely chopped chocolate, placed in a heatproof bowl. Whip them properly, till the mixture is smooth and even.
- Now, whisk the remaining cup of the cream to soft peaks and then add it to the chocolate mixture.
- Finally, scoop around 6 dome mould (about 3-inch each) over a cookie disk and place in the freezer for a total of 4 hours.
- For preparing the chocolate glaze, cut the chocolate into 1/4 inch pieces and place them in a mixing bowl containing the butter.
- Over medium flame, mix the sugar and water and then put the sugary syrup over the chocolate pieces, kept in a mixing bowl and then stir properly, until they are smooth.
- Unmold onto a wire rack. Place the rack on a parchment-lined sheet tray. Pour over the chocolate glaze. Stick 2 wing cookies in the side of each dome. You can serve the dessert either immediately or refrigerate for a total of 2 days.
Frozen Halloween Dessert
- 20 Cream Sandwich Cookies (crushed)
- 2 squares Baking Chocolate
- 2/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 12 ounce Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- ½ cup Melted Butter or Margarine
- 2 quarts Orange Sherbet
- In a small mixing bowl, put 20 crushed cream cookies and melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- In a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, spread the cookie mixture and press tightly, so that it forms a firm layer.
- Next, pour the orange sherbet over the cookie layer and freeze in a refrigerator, until the layer is tight and firm.
- Now, in a double boiler, mix the sugar, evaporated milk and the baking chocolate and stir continuously, until the mixture is smooth and even in consistency. Then, allow it to cool for some time.
- Pour the paste over the sherbet and garnish with the chopped pelicans. Again freeze it in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Finally, serve the dessert chilled and frozen, to all your Halloween guests.
Comment On This Article