Here is the recipe/recepie of Halloween bat shaped cookies. Read on to know how to make the cookies.
Halloween Bat Shaped Cookie Recipe
Cookies is smoothing that is loved by kids and adults alike. And when the cookies are homemade, you can be sure that not even a single one would be left uneaten. Cookies also make up a special Halloween recipe, especially when cut out in weird shapes and sizes. One amongst them comprises of bat-shaped cookies, which are weird to look at, but taste extremely delicious, making them perfect for the festivals of ghosts and witches. In this article, we have provided a simple recipe of Halloween bat-shaped cookie, just for you!
How To Make Bat Shaped Cookies
- 1½ cups White Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Brandy
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Lard
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Anise Seed
- 6 cups All-purpose Flour
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl, till they blend well. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar (after putting ¼ cup aside) and lard, until they form a smooth mixture.
- Mix in the anise seed in the smooth sugar-lard mixture and beat it until it becomes fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, to the sugar-lard mixture, one at a time.
- Add sifted ingredients and brandy to the bowl and stir them until they are blended well, forming a dough.
- Put some flour on the surface and then roll the dough to 1/2 or 1/4 inch thickness and cut it in the shape of bats, using cookie cutters or a knife.
- Preheat the oven to 350oF or 175oC.
- Grease the baking sheets and put cookies on them.
- Mix together cinnamon and rest of the sugar in a cup and sprinkle it over the cookies.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes, till they become light brown at the bottom side.
- Makes about 6 dozen cookies.
Comment On This Article