Read on to know how to make roast spiced leg of
lamb recepie. Read about roast spiced leg of lamb receipe.
Roast Spiced Lamb
Lamb is one of the symbols of Easter, a prominent Christian festival. It symbolizes the sacrifice made by Lord Jesus Christ, for the goodwill of humanity. This is the reason why lamb finds its place in the decorations of the homes, on Easter. The pictures of the animal can be seen in the homes of every central and eastern European family, during the holiday season of Easter. In addition to this, lamb finds prominent place in the traditional recipes prepared for the festival. Its meat is roasted, baked, fried or even smoked. In this article, we have provided an easy recipe of roast spiced lamb.
How To Make Roast Spiced Lamb
- 1 Leg of Lamb, about 6 pounds
- 2 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 small Bay Leaf
- 1 tbsp Dried Onion, minced
- Wipe lamb with a damp cloth. Do not remove fell. Combine salt, pepper and cinnamon; rub all over leg of lamb. Insert a meat thermometer into the fleshy part of the leg of lamb, to check the temperature. By doing so, make sure that you do not insert the thermometer in the bone of the lamb.
- Place the lamb on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and roast for about 3 to 3 1/2 hours, or until the thermometer reads 160° to 165° for medium, 175° for well done.
- Remove lamb to a heated platter and keep warm, while making the sauce.
- Pour off cooking juices, reserving two tablespoons in the roasting pan. Stir flour into roasting pan juices. Gradually stir in two cups of cold water
- Add bay leaf and minced onion to the mixture. Reduce heat and cook the mixture over simmer, for five more minutes.
- After the sauce is made, serve it with the lamb.
Comment On This Article