Saboodana vadaa is the one of the food items which is savored during Navratri vrats. Read more to know about saboodana vadaa.
Navratri is famous for the special cuisines prepared as a part of the food for fasting. Saboodana vadaa is one of the recipes prepared during the vrats. A special snack made on the occasion of Navratri, the vadaas are very crispy and crunchy and melt in your mouth. In fact, the mouth watering snack item is considered as an ideal food to eat during Navratri fasts. Given below is the recipe providing details of the ingredients as well as the method of preparation for saboodana vadaa.
Saboodana Vadaa Recipe
- 1 cup Saboodana
- 1/2 cup Peanuts (roasted & crushed coarsely)
- 1 Potato (boiled, peeled & mashed)
- 7-8 Green Chilies (crushed)
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Wash sago thoroughly and drain excess water. Soak it for 2-3 hours.
- Add all ingredients to it except oil. Mix well into a paste.
- Keep the oil in a deep frying pan to heat. Moist hands and make small flat.
- Slide the rounds in the heated oil on medium flame. Fry till they are crisp and light brown in color.
- Drain them well using a sieve type ladle. Makes about 10 vadaas and serve with peanut chutney.