Kaddu ki sabzi is prepared on Navratri and also offered to Goddess Durga, as bhog. Read more to know about the recipe.
Kaddu Ki Sabzi
Navratri is celebrated in a grand manner in places like Gujarat, Bengal, and other parts of North India. Apart from the puja, it also involves the observance of fast by devotees. Kaddu ki sabzi is one of the popular recipes prepared on Navratri. Liked by most of the people, it is perfect in case of Navratri fast, in which grains and vegetables are not allowed. In fact, a Navratra thali is incomplete without kaddu ki sabzi. If you want to celebrate Navratri vrat with some delicious food, then try the easy recipe for kaddu ki sabzi. Just have a look at recipe and know about the ingredients required for making it as well as the method of preparation.
Kaddu Ki Sabzi Recipe
- 1/2 kg Kaddu (pumpkin/ sitaphal), peeled and cubed
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2-3 Green Chilies, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Amchoor (dried mango powder)
- 1/2 tsp Methi Dana (fenugreek seeds)
- A pinch of Hing (asafetida)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Heat oil in a pan and add methi dana and when it changes color, add hing, green chilies and sauté for 1 minute.
- Now add kaddu pieces, turmeric, coriander powders, and salt and mix it well. Add 1 tsp water and cook on a lower heat till kaddu turns tender.
- Add sugar, amchoor and garam masala powder and mix well. Cook on low heat for 2 minutes and continue cooking till all the water evaporates