Here is provided the method on how to make 'Milk Carton Dreidel', a simple Chanukah kid craft.
Milk Carton Driedel
Playing the driedel game is probably the favorite pastime on Hanukkah holidays. The four letters appearing on the four corners of a driedel are believed to add to the Hanukkah miracle. Making driedel at home is an equally favorite craft activity and it is also a popular classroom project on Hanukkah. Milk Carton driedel is a simple Hanukkah craft, which is very popular among kids. This article lists the material required and the instructions to be followed for making a beautiful driedel with the help of a milk carton. Read on to know how to go about it.
How To Make Milk Carton Driedel
- Small Milk Carton
- Blue Paint
- Gold Glitter
- Styrofoam Ball
- Table Covering
- Plastic Plate
- Poke a hole in the top and bottom of the milk carton, with your scissors.
- Paint the carton blue in color and let it dry for half an hour.
- Now, cover the top and bottom of the carton with a little glue and sprinkle golden glitter on the carton. Shake off excess glitter.
- Squeeze the glue on all sides of the carton in the form of Hebrew letters. Again, sprinkle glitter over the glue and shake off excess glitter. Leave the carton to dry for half an hour.
- Position your pencil into the Styrofoam ball. Cover the ball with glue, roll it around in the glitter and allow the ball to dry for about 20 minutes.
- Once the ball is completely dried, insert your pencil topper into the bottom of your milk carton and your driedel is ready to play with.