With this article, get to know different menu ideas for Children's Day party. Read on to know about Children's Day party food.
Children's Day Party Food
The birth anniversary of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru is celebrated as Children's Day in India on 14th of November every year. Nehru was the first Prime Minister of India. He had a profound love for children. He made great efforts towards education and wanted to bring glory to the motherland. The day is celebrated as a national festival across India with great fun and frolic. Different programs and events are organized for kids on this day. Children also indulge in throwing parties to their friends as it is their day. Food plays a significant role in any party. Kids love to gorge on different foods and always look out for unique delicacies at a party. Check out this article for some different and exclusive food menu ideas that can be included at a Children's Day party. Read on.
Menu For Children's Day Party
- Sandwiches are the most basic must-haves for any kid party. Make creative and appealing sandwiches by cutting them into tiny triangles and other shapes using food cutters.
- Order pizzas and cut them into manageable pieces, making it easier for the kids to pick up and eat.
- Mini sausages, hot dogs, burgers and sausage rolls are kids’ favorites. Some of the definitely to be included items.
- As for vegetarians, have mini vegetables and dips. Cut carrots, cucumber, red and yellow peppers into sticks. Toss in some cherry tomatoes. Serve them with cream cheese dip, ranch dip or caramel dip.
- Breadsticks, cheese straws, mini cheese biscuits, goldfish crackers and pretzel sticks can also be included as snacks.
- Serve crisps, potato rings and chicken fingers with barbeque or honey mustard dip.
- Kids love sweet treats. Thus, they should not be left out. Include a variety of biscuits, such as chocolate fingers, pink wafers, jam sandwiches, iced rings and different cookies.
- A party without a cake is just not acceptable by kids. You can have chocolate mini rolls, cupcakes, cake in the shape of India, and so on.
- Chop different fruits and thread them onto wooden skewers. Serve these fruit kebabs with assorted dips.
- Prepare mini strawberry tarts by getting mini pastry cases and filling them with whipped cream or crème fraiche. Top them with icing sugar and strawberries.
- Juices can include apple, orange and cranberry.
- As for squashes, orange, lemon, strawberry and blackcurrant go well with Children’s Day party.
- Do not forget water in the hunt for juices and other drinks. Remember, water is the best thirst quencher of all liquids.