Patishapta is a sweet and scrumptious Bengali recipe. Explore how to make Patishapta from this article.
Patishapta Pitha, Puli pitha, doodh puli and so are various varieties of pitha which are generally popular in Bengal. The Patishapta Pitha is a sweet with its outer layer made of flour and the inner stuffing made of different savories like coconut and dry fruits. It is generally prepared on occasions Makar Sankranti, Diwali and Durga Puja in almost all the Bengali homes. Patishapta Pitha is also made as evening snacks in most of the Bengali homes. Extremely scrumptious and easy to make, this sweet dish is a real delight to those who are born with a sweet tooth. If you are also one of them, you can try the recipe given below.
- 1cup Grated coconut
- 11/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Maida (Flour)
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- Make a dosa like batter using maida and milk.
- In a wok, pour in the grated coconut and cardamom powder and cook.
- When there is no moisture left add in the sugar and keep mixing constantly till all the sugar dissolves and the coconut feels slightly sticky.
- Remove from fire and keep aside to cool.
- Now make tiny little pancakes (dosa) using the maida batter.
- Cook lightly, then spread some coconut filling on the open dosa and make a roll.
Comment On This Article