Nimki or Namak Pare is a scrumptious crunchy snack made up of flour. Read on to explore how to make Nimki from this article.
Nimki also known as ‘Namak Pare’ are traditional north Indian snacks. Made of white flour, they are very tasty and light crunchy snacks that can be made anywhere anytime without any hassle. The best thing about this recipe is that it can be stored for a long time without using any kind of preservative. They are especially famous in Orissa, U.P, Bengal and Bihar where they are made as regular snacks as well as on special occasions like Diwali and Durga Puja. They are generally served along with sweets on the festive occasions. If you are also interested in making this very easy to make and extremely luscious to taste snack item, scroll down for the recipe.
- 250 gm Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 2 cups Oil
- Salt to taste
- Roast the cumin in low oven heat for some time and then grind it.
- Mix cumin and salt with flour. Knead the flour mixture with 2-3 teaspoons of oil and water (as needed) to dough.
- Roll the mixture dough flat. Fold it. Roll it flat again. Repeat the process one more time.
- Cut dough in diamond shape (2 triangles on top of each other). Make them around 1-inch in size or whatever you feel like.
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Fry the diamond shaped nimki, until they become of a brownish.
- Serve it hot or let it cool down a bit and then store in air tight container for days.
Comment On This Article