Aloo Posto is an interesting Bengali recipe made by using potato with poppy seeds. Explore here how to make Aloo Posto in an easy way.
Durga Puja is an occasion for religious observance as well as feasting. All through the ten days of the festival, the Bengalis all over the world, especially in West Bengal, indulge themselves in merry making and eating a variety of dishes that are indigenous to their culture. A number of sweet dishes and spicy delicacies are prepared during the festive season. One of the very popular Bengali recipes is Aloo Posto. It is a delicious side dish, which goes well with rice and dal. Prepared with potato and poppy seeds, Aloo Posto is easy to make. So, this Durga Puja, make lip smacking potato with poppy seeds and relish it with your loved ones. Here is the recipe for the dish.
Aloo Posto Recipe
- 4 Potatoes
- 1 cup Oil
- 6 Green Chillies
- 2 Bay leafs
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tbsp Poppy Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Boil, peel and cut the potatoes into thick cubes. Set aside for later use.
- Grind poppy seeds, three green chilies, turmeric powder and salt in a mixer grinder, to form a thick paste.
- Mix the ground paste with 1 tablespoon of water. Now, smear the paste onto the potato cubes.
- Heat the oil. First, fry the bayleafs and chillies.
- Next, add the potatoes and fry on low heat, stirring all the while.
- Fry the potatoes on medium flame first, then on simmer, as the oil gets heated up. After frying the potatoes until golden brown, drain the oil and then remove them off the flame.
- Serve aloo posto hot, with rice and dal.
Comment On This Article