Of what use is celebrating Parent's day without good food, don't you agree? Swing through this article for a few easy and fun recipes for Parent's day.
Parent's Day Recipes
Parent's day, as you may already know, is all about celebrating the people who are responsible for your existence on 'Planet Earth'. Parent's day is that one day when children actually do take the time out to tell their parents that they care for them and appreciate each and everything done by parent for child. But then, what are words, words are like birds, they fly away. Almost anyone can talk the talk, but only a very respectable few can actually walk the walk and walk the talk. If you are looking at making a big impression on your parents this Parent's day, don't stop with just words, go that extra mile. The extra mile here will require you to cook for your parents, because if you are willing to look at it in fresh light, there can be nothing more meaningful than a dish cooked for a loved one. Read on to discover for yourself three scrumptious recipes for Parent's day!
Fun Recipes For Parent's Day
Chicken And Broccoli Casserole
You Will Need
- 4 oz Noodles
- ½ cup Onions (chopped)
- 2 ½ cups Chicken (chopped and cooked)
- 10 oz Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 10 oz Broccoli Florets
- 1 tsp Basil
- ½ cup Swiss Cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup Skimmed Milk
- 1 tsp Basil
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- It’s pretty simple. Start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
- While the oven is arriving at the required temperature, you can boil the noodles. Once the noodles are boiled, drain and set aside, for there can nothing worse than overtly moist noodles.
- In a separate bowl, add the cream of mushroom soup, milk, cheese, basil, the salt and the pepper too. Mix well and let ingredients rest for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, place the noodles, chicken, onions and broccoli. With care and caution, mix ingredients until the same are thoroughly mixed. You can then go ahead and add the soup mixture and toss ingredients as gently as possible.
- With the tossing done, go ahead and pour the mixture into a casserole. For best results with this recipe, it would be advisable to grease the casserole. Cover the casserole and place it in the oven. Bake for just about forty minutes for the dish to be completely ready. Serve hot and don’t forget to enjoy the dish as you consume it along with your parents.
Banana French Toast
You Will Need
- 8 slices of Bread
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 ripe Bananas
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Powdered Sugar (to taste)
- This recipe makes for a classic breakfast dish, but that doesn’t mean you can’t use it for the celebrations of parents’ day. Start off by combining the flour, bananas, vanilla and sugar in a blend. Then go ahead and blend until you have a smooth paste of flour, bananas, vanilla and sugar.
- With the mix ready, you can proceed to heat a pan. Once the pan gets hot add a little butter to it. Dip a slice of bread into the mix, all the while, ensuring that the bread is coated uniformly. Fry toast on both sides until the sides turn brown.
- You can then go on take the toast slice off the heat and place it on a tissue paper; this will help absorb any excess butter. To finish off, sprinkle powdered sugar on the bread slice and what really have is not a slice of ‘Banana French Toast’, but a slice of heaven.
- Repeat the above mentioned procedure for the remaining slices of bread!
You Will Need
- 1 kg Chicken
- An inch of Ginger
- 2 Green Chilies
- 5 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 Egg White
- A Lemon
- 5 stems of Coriander Leaves
- A pinch of Turmeric Powder
- A pinch of Ajinomoto (optional)
- Salt (to taste)
- Oil (for frying)
- It’s pretty simple. All you need to do is slice the chicken into small bite-sized pieces and then grind the ginger, green chilies, egg white and coriander leaves into a fine paste.
- Add this paste to a past of the corn flour, egg white, lemon juice, turmeric powder, ajinomoto and salt. Add the blended paste to the chicken, and let it marinate for around sixty minutes.
- Fry in oil until cooked, serve hot.
There you go; three very delectable recipes that you can make use of to tease your Parent's palates with this Parent's day.