The article brings you some of the best quotes on the spirited and festive occasion of Lohri. Read on to find some famous Lohri quotes.
Lohri is an immensely popular festival, celebrated in the north of India. It is basically a harvest festival, which also marks the end of the chilling winter cold. It falls in the middle of the first month of the year, i.e. January 13 to be precise. The festival is often considered as the Indian equivalent of Thanksgiving, a harvest festival that is celebrated almost all across the world. The festival is also marked by an exchange of Lohri wishes among friends and relatives. This article brings you some meaningful Lohri quotes by famous people, which can be used for sending Lohri wishes to your friends. Read on to take your pick.
Best Quotations On Lohri
- Without water, the crop withers, and it will not bring a good price. - Sri Guru Granth Sahib.
- You must give to get, You must sow the seed, before you can reap the harvest. - Anonymous
- There would be no advantage to be gained by sowing a field of wheat if the harvest did not return more than was sown. - Napoleon Hill
- It is not always granted to the sower to live to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith. - Albert Schweitzer
- If you tickle the earth with a hoe she laughs with a harvest. - Douglas Jerrold
- Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. - Robert Louis Stevenson.
- Before the reward there must be labor. You plant before you harvest. You sow in tears before you reap joy. - Ralph Ransom
- The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest. - William Blake