All your energy goes into cooking the perfect feast for Thanksgiving and the next day, you are left with the leftovers in the fridge. Check out some easy Thanksgiving leftover recipes.
Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes
Thanksgiving Day is the day of gratitude and celebrates the joy of all the beautiful things in life. This day is celebrated with a grand feast. A scrumptious, Thanksgiving dinner is prepared and is shared among family, friends, colleagues and neighbors. For a classic Thanksgiving feast, dishes like roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole and green beans are prepared. All your energy goes into cooking the perfect feast for Thanksgiving and the next day, you are left with the leftovers in the fridge. Wondering what to do with your Thanksgiving leftovers? Instead of letting those leftovers go waste, or reheating them in the microwave, why not use them to recreate some easy mouth-watering dishes? You will find an endless list of amazing recipes for Thanksgiving leftovers. Prepare Thanksgiving leftover recipes with little effort. Here are a few, healthy Thanksgiving leftovers recipes, you simply cannot afford to ignore.
Cranberry Sauce Muffins
- Flour -1 ½ Cup
- Eggs - 1 ½ beaten
- Baking Powder - ½ tsp.
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp.
- Milk - ½ Cup
- Sugar - ½ Cup
- Salt - ½ tsp.
- Leftover cranberry sauce - 1 Cup
- Butter - 65g
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix the flour, sugar and baking soda together in a bowl.
- Now, add the vanilla extract, milk, salt, eggs and butter in to the bowl and blend it together. Whisk well and make sure no lumps are formed.
- Gently stir in the cranberry sauce in to the mixture.
- Take out the muffin cups and fill ¾ of the cup with the batter.
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes in the preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the muffins and set them to cool.
- Shredded Leftover Turkey - ½ Cup
- Mayonnaise - 2 tbsp.
- Yellow Mustard - ½ tsp.
- Paprika - 1 Pinch
- Whole wheat bread - 2 Slices
- Tomato - 3 Slices
- Cilantro - 1 tbsp.
- Toast the bread slices and look for even browning on each side.
- Spread mayonnaise, mustard sauce, on the bread slices.
- Add the cilantro, tomato slices, and paprika.
- Now sprinkle the shredded turkey, evenly on the bread.
- You can also add slices of cucumber, lettuce and grated carrots, if you wish.
- Mashed potatoes - 2 Cup
- Shredded turkey - 1 Cup
- Green onion - 1 Chopped
- Black pepper - 1 tsp.
- Flour - 1 tbsp.
- Eggs - 1 Beaten
- Butter - 1 tsp.
- Cheddar cheese - 1 Cup
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- In a bowl, whisk the leftover mashed potatoes, flour and egg together. Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Now add cheddar cheese and chopped green onion in to the mixture and blend it well.
- Add the shredded turkey to the batter.
- Add salt and black pepper to the mixture.
- Heat the pan or griddle at medium heat and melt the butter on the pan. You can also use vegetable oil for frying.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter on the pan.
- Flatten the batter to a thickness of ½ inch.
- On each side, fry for approximately 5 minutes till it turns golden brown.
- Serve the potato pancakes with sour cream.
Thanksgiving leftovers are as important as the leftovers from the Thanksgiving feast, as you can make several, tasty dishes with these leftovers. Try your own creative recipe ideas with your Thanksgiving leftovers and share these recipes with others. Enjoy the mouth-watering dishes made from fresh Thanksgiving leftovers with your family and friends!
Comment On This Article