Scrumptious appetizers are an excellent way to begin your Thanksgiving dinner. Explore some easy appetizer recipe ideas for Thanksgiving Day.
Thanksgiving is one of the occasions when you can hog on food like a glutton, without actually feeling guilty. Thanksgiving feast is organized in the name on god and celebrators binge on food, once they have offered prayers to the Almighty. Below given are recipes of some mouth-watering appetizers to be prepared on Thanksgiving Day. Try out these easy to make appetizers and give your family a delectable treat. Even your guests are going to love your delicious Thanksgiving appetizers.
Thanksgiving Appetizer Recipes
Stuffed Sweet Onions
- 3 quarts Water
- 4 medium Sweet Onions (peeled)
- 1 tbsp Green Onion (chopped)
- 1½ tsp Fresh Parsley (minced)
- 6 tsp Butter (divided)
- 1/2 cup Lean Ham (chopped & fully cooked)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Celery Seed
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup Soft Bread Crumbs (divided)
- Bring water to boil in a large saucepan. Add onions to the boiling water and cover the saucepan with a lid. Boil the onions for about 10 minutes or until they become tender.
- Drain the water and then cool down the onions for 5 minutes. Hollow out the onions carefully, by peeling the inner layers, leaving just the outer shell, and chop the onion removed from inside.
- Cook the chopped onion, green onion and parsley in a non-stick, in 4 tsp butter, for about 3 minutes. Add ham, salt, pepper, celery seed and garlic powder. Cook until onions are tender and ham is light brown in color.
- Now, add 1/2 cup bread crumbs to the mixture and heat them thoroughly. Stuff this mixture into the onion shells.
- Melt the remaining butter and toss the remaining bread crumbs in the butter. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs over stuffed onions. Heat stuffed onions, until the sprinkled crumbs are brown in color and the onions are heated well.
- 1/4 cup Butter (softened)
- 3 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 3/4 cup Flour (all-purpose)
- 1 round Brie ((8 ounces)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Water
- Assorted Crackers
- Fresh Fruits
- Beat butter, cream cheese and flour (on a low speed) in a large mixing bowl. Keep beating them, until the mixture forms the shape of a ball.
- Divide the butter ball in half and wrap each portion in a plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle some flour on a clean surface and roll out each portion of the refrigerated mixture, into a 7 inch circle with a thickness of about 1/8 inch.
- On an un-greased baking sheet, place one circle. Place brie on it and top with the remaining pastry circle. Pinch the edges, so as to seal them.
- Beat egg and water in a small bowl and brush this mixture over the top and side of the pastry. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or, until it becomes golden brown in color.
- Immediately remove the pastries from the baking sheet. Let them cool down for 30 minutes, before you serve them. Dress the pastries with crackers and fruits.
Comment On This Article