Cookies are an absolutely delightful addition to the Thanksgiving feast menu. Read on to know some easy cookie recipes for Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving is a festive occasion, which is celebrated by organizing a lavish treat for family members, relatives and friends. A number of Thanksgiving dishes are prepared on this day, to treat the guests royally. Mouth-watering cookies are one of the many scrumptious dishes prepared on this occasion. This article brings you some delectable cookie recipes for Thanksgiving Day, which are easy to cook and appetizing at the same time. Try these recipes and give your diners a lip smacking surprise to make their Thanksgiving feast delightful.
Thanksgiving Cookie Recipes
Candy Turkey Cookies
- 10 Chocolate Candy Stars
- 10 Caramels (unwrapped)
- 10 scalloped Chocolate (frosted) - shortbread cookies
- 10 pieces Candy Corn
- For making a turkey cookie, you have to place the chocolate star on the work surface, with the star point side up.
- Now, place one caramel on microwave-safe waxed paper and turn the microwave on a high temperature, until the caramel becomes slightly soft.
- Put the softened caramel on the top of the chocolate star, pressing it down so that they stick together.
- To make the tail, press the cookie against the softened caramel, so that it stands upright. Ensure that the striped side is facing forward.
- Now, press candy corn on the top of the caramel, to make it look like a turkey top.
- Make 10 cookies, following the same procedure.
Frosted Pumpkin Walnut Cookies
- 1/2 cup Butter/Margarine (softened)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Extract
- 2 1/2 c Flour (all purpose)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 c Walnuts (chopped)
- 1/4 c Butter/Margarine (softened)
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar (firmly)
- 1 c Pumpkin (cooked & mashed)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Maple Frosting Recipe
- 2 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar (sifted)
- 3/4 tsp Maple Extract
- Beat butter in an electric mixer, at medium speed, gradually add in the brown sugar.
- Add eggs one by one, beating the mixture after you add each egg. Stir pumpkins and flavorings into the mixture.
- Now, mix flour, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie separately and add to the creamy mixture steadily. Keep mixing it well when you make additions. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop dough on the cookie sheets and bake at a temperature of 375 degree F, for about 12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down on wire racks and then frost them with the maple frosting.
- For making maple frosting, add one cup powdered sugar to butter and beat the mixture in an electric mixer, at medium speed. Add the remaining sugar with milk and beat until it gets smooth enough to spread. Add maple extract and beat well.
Comment On This Article