Your Thanksgiving decor should convey a sense of joy and conviviality. Explore the article for some tips & ideas on Thanksgiving decorations.
The Thanksgiving decor of your house should give you and your guests a feel of the occasion. The festival falls in the autumn season, marked by beauty and buoyancy and therefore, your decorations should also convey a sense of warmth and joy. Use your imagination and artistic skills for making some homemade crafts to adorn your house. With a dash of creativity, anything can be used to decorate your home beautifully, for the special occasion of Thanksgiving. Fall colors are the best for Thanksgiving decorations. Below given are some wonderful thanksgiving decor tips and ideas, to make your home look stunning.
Thanksgiving Decoration Ideas
- Halved and hollowed out pumpkins, filled with fruits, would look amazing as a centerpiece. You can also use different fruits and make the pumpkin look like a fruit basket.
- Use miniature gourds and pumpkins to give fringes to the window sills. Arrange orange, green and white pumpkins in a row, to make your Thanksgiving decorations look unique.
- Thanksgiving wreaths are also used extensively for decorations. You can hang these wreaths at the entrance of your house, to give a warm and flowery welcome to the guests. You can even make wreaths on your own, by using flowers, leaves and berries, to give a beautiful look to the Thanksgiving décor.
- You have the option of making use of fall leaves, to make streamers and bring out the artist hidden in you. Use them to decorate table-tops or ceilings, or any other place you wish, beautifully.
- Autumn shades in silk fabric are the best suited for tapestry and upholstery. Choose burnt orange curtains with a silk finish for you living room and bedrooms. An amber-colored table linen and a yellow-ocher carpet on the floor would also be aptly suited to the occasion.
- To give a rustic charm to your Thanksgiving decorations, prepare wheat sheaves, tied with orange silk ribbons and place them on the corners of your room.
- You can also make use of handmade papers to prepare Thanksgiving themed table mats and napkins.
- Spiral a pillar candle, using golden ribbon and place it in the middle of the table. You can make it look more elegant by setting a bunch of cranberries and a few pinecones at its base.
- Make a cluster of long slender candles near the cornucopia placed at the mantle, to give it a more warm and elegant look. You can also use strew and acorns around the candles, to enhance the look all the more.
- A fake turkey or a pumpkin vase as your centre piece will also make for a wonderful Thanksgiving decoration.
Comment On This Article