Homemade decoration ideas for children on Thanksgiving are aplenty. Read on to know more on Thanksgiving decorations for kids.
Kids Thanksgiving Decorations
Thanksgiving provides an opportunity for children to indulge in homemade decorative items, using their own imagination and skills. Even disposable material such as cardboard and egg cartons can be used very creatively to make some interesting decorations for the occasion. You can use these items to decorate your house and put them on display in your living room. Preparing these decorations does not require any expensive material. In fact, they can be made by using simple materials, easily available at our homes. Below given are some Thanksgiving decoration ideas for children, which they would love to try.
Kidsí Thanksgiving Decoration Ideas
Apple Candle Stands
- Large Rome Beauty apples (they stand straight on the table)
- Waxed paper
- Potato peeler
- Lemon juice
- Make a hole about halfway through an apple, using an apple corer. Keep the hole as straight as possible and remove the core piece from the apple.
- Now, insert a candle into the hole, in a way that it fits tightly into the apple. In case, you have made a large hole in the apple, wrap waxed paper around the end of the candle.
- Make use of the potato peeler to carve different designs on apple, by peeling out its skin.
- Rub lemon juice on the designed parts of the apple, to prevent them from turning brown in color.
- Arrange the candles in a circle or a row, on the candle plate or a cutting board, whichever is available.
- 9 CDs or DVDs
- Assorted Patterned Scrapbook Paper/Wrapping Paper (in coordinating fall patterns)
- Mod Podge
- Foam Paint Brush
- Hot Glue Gun
- Faux Flowers and Chipboard Frames
- Take the nine unusable or old CD's or DVD's and cover them with patterned scrapbook paper or colorful fall wrapping paper.
- To seal and protect the discs, apply a coat of Mod Podge on each of them.
- Once the discs are dry, arrange them in a circular pattern. Glue the discs to each other, using the hot glue gun.
- Add a ribbon bow and a hanger on the bottom of the wreath and its back, respectively.
- You can also add the faux flowers and chipboard frames with your family photos, if you want. You can make use of other embellishments as well.
Comment On This Article