Teachers quotes express teacher appreciation.
Here we present some famous Teacher's Day quotations and sayings.
Teacher's Day Quotes
Teacher's Day is celebrated with great enthusiasm in many parts of the world. The day is dedicated to teachers, who play an prominent role in the life of their students. The teachers act as the guide for life, show the path towards success and enrich the personality of their disciples by imparting ethical and academic knowledge. They bring out the untamed talents of their students and sharpen it in order to bring out the best results. Activists, novelists and poets have expressed their heartfelt gratitude to their teachers in the form of thoughtful lines, which later came to be known as quotations. Check out the article and get some touching quotes on Teacher's Day.
Famous Sayings About Teachers
- "Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition." - Jacques Barzun
- "Good teachers are costly, but bad teachers cost more." - Bob Talbert
- "The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence. He inspires self-distrust. He guides their eyes from himself to the spirit that quickens him. He will have no disciple." - Amos Bronson Alcott
- "A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
- "Teaching is leaving a vestige of one self in the development of another. And surely the student is a bank where you can deposit your most precious treasures." - eugene P. Bertin
- "The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." - William Arthur Ward
- "A teacher's purpose is not to create students in his own image, but to develop students who can create their own image." - Anonymous
- "What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches." - Karl Menninger
- "The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called truth." - Dan Rather
- "In teaching you cannot see the fruit of a day's work. It is invisible and remains so, maybe for twenty years." - Jacques Barzun
- "Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions." - Anonymous
- "The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book." - Anonymous
- "A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops." - Henry Brooks Adams
- "Teachers, I believe, are the most responsible and important members of society because their professional efforts affect the fate of the earth." - Helen Caldicott
- "Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher." -Japanese proverb
- "The whole art of teaching is only the art of awakening the natural curiosity of young minds for the purpose of satisfying it afterwards." -Anatole France
- "Those who educate children well are more to be honored than parents, for these only gave life, those the art of living well." - Aristotle
- "A gifted teacher is as rare as a gifted doctor, and makes far less money" - Anonymous
Comment On This Article