Surprise your teachers by dressing like one of them on Teacher's Day. Check out for ideas and tips on dressing ideas for students as teachers in the following article.
Dressing Ideas For Teacher's Day
Teacher's Day is a celebration time for students and a time to honor their teachers and make them feel very special on this day. Presenting cultural programs, distributing sweets and playing games have traditionally been part of Teacher's Day program for a long time now. This Teacher's Day, surprise your teachers by doing something out of the box. Following same programs year after year may make the celebrations draggy and take out the excitement from Teacher's Day. Try something different this time; for instance, dress up as your favourite teacher and memorise some of her favorite phrases for effect. You can even walk on the stage for them and mimic their mannerisms; whoever guesses the teacher right could even be given a small prize. Be creative in assorting the costumes; try procuring them from the market or look for something at home. Given below are ideas and tips on how to dress like a teacher on Teacher's Day.
Dressing Ideas For Teacher's Day
- Choose a formal pant or khaki for a male teacher. ensure that the clothing is of perfect fit, and is devoid of stains and defects. Pick a formal shirt or a plain shirt with collar, to pair with a pant. Do not forget to iron the costumes before wearing it. When you wear, nicely tuck the shirt into the pants. If you are imitating your physical education teacher, pick a polo shirt and loosen the top few buttons. For maths teacher, try a button-down shirt and a bow tie. Of course, you can always follow the actual style of the teacher but make sure that it doesn’t hurt any sentiments whatsoever.
- For a lady teacher, pick a knee length skirt or a formal pant that has no defect, wrinkle or stain. Do not go for short skirt that is above knee or unusually bright. Pair the skirt with formal top, with or without blazer. ensure that the outfit is well ironed and look neat.
- Use reading glasses or prescription glasses if your teacher wears one. If you have difficulty wearing glasses, you can place it on your head or use a fake set. Avoid wearing sunglasses.
- Opt for a pair of formal shoes and socks to match your teacher’s outfit. You can always go for colored socks for extra effect. Never pick flip flops, sandals or open-toed shoes as they do not match formal wear.
- Wear your teacher’s hairstyle. Most lady teachers either sport straight, ponytails or simple curls or even basic buns. So, have a look at your teacher’s hairstyle and work your hair accordingly. If you are trying to imitate a male teacher, then it is better to approach a hairstylist to mimic his hairdo.
- You can use light makeup to imitate a lady teacher. Go for a conventional look by wearing a neutral shade of lipstick and make sure your makeup suits the outfit you are wearing.
- Wear accessories such as earrings, bangles or any piece of jewelry that your teacher wears. Remember to carry a ladies handbag. Now this completely sums up outfit for your lady teacher.
- Additionally, you can carry essential stuffs that you usually see teacher clutching all the time such as rulers, textbooks and grade book. Pick the subject of textbook which your teacher teaches. For physical education teacher, you can carry accessory items such as clipboard and whistle.
- It isn’t hard to find a teacher’s outfit. Apart from the costume, most of the accessories could be easily available in your house. You can lend or buy a teacher costume from your local store also.
- Finally, with all your preparations, wear your teacher’s outfit smartly and dress appropriately for the occasion. If it is not a “Guess who this is?” game then don’t forget to stick relevant nameplates on your chest pocket to reveal your teacher’s name so that everybody knows who you are mimicing.
- Walk down the stage, smartly waving for students and present a flower or a bouquet to the teacher you are representing. You can even utter a line or two, which your teacher frequently uses in the class.
- And last, but not the least, make sure that your gestures, body language and attire are in no way condescending, demeaning and/or offensive to anybody.
Imitating your teacher on this Teacher's Day will definitely add rounds of hearty laughter to the celebrations. And, this is probably the only occasion where you get the opportunity to dress up and mimic your teacher. So, go ahead and make the most of Teacher's Day this year.
Comment On This Article