This Teacher's Day, have some fun with your teachers by testing their knowledge with fun quizzes! Read on to find some interesting and fun quiz questions.
Teacher's Day Quiz
Teachers teach, enrich and educate us for most part of life. What we learn from them stays with us forever. But somehow, at times we forget to show our appreciation towards our teachers. Teacher's Day is celebrated all over the world on October 5, though some are celebrated on different dates. It's a day when we honor our teachers and it gives us a chance to tell our teachers how much we appreciate them. Add fun to the entertainment and the Teacher's Day gala by being the teacher for a day and asking your teachers to participate in a quiz competition!! Ask them questions like, "Who was the great Greek philosopher who had students like Plato and was condemned for his teaching?" (Yes, you guessed it right, it was Socrates). It's time to get your teachers to put on their thinking caps and answer some questions. Think of how much fun everyone would have with this role reversal! Here are some questions that might help you create a fun quiz to ask your teachers!
Fun Quiz Questions
Conducting A Quiz
- Plan out your quiz competition with care. Take into consideration all the things that you will need to make your quiz a success.
- Inform your teachers that you will be conducting a quiz for them. Tell them the venue details and as to what time they have to be there.
- Find a venue that is suitable and comfortable. If you try doing this in a crowded space, chances are that no one is going to enjoy themselves.
- Get all the materials that you will need for a quiz. You will need a timer, a chalk board for scoring and a buzzer or a bell.
- If you are going to be using a large space make sure that all your electronic equipment is in working condition. Get enough microphones so that people do not have to fight about who gets to use it.
- Go online and find interesting questions and their answers. Try not to have ambiguous ones that might confuse your participants. Do not have questions that are difficult to score because they might have many different answers.
- Find yourself a quizmaster. Make sure that your quizmaster is eloquent and confident and will not fumble around with his/her words. He must also be able to give clear instructions, ask all the questions without faltering and outline the guideline of the quiz. The quizmaster is also allotted the task of handing out the prizes/certificates to the winners of the quiz.
- Offer refreshments to your participants. Have bottles of water and small snacks especially if you are conducting your quiz just before lunchtime!
- Think about the prizes that you want to give. It could be certificates, pens, chocolates, notebooks or even book marks. Consolation prizes are also important to keep in mind. Make sure that everyone who has participated feels appreciated. If you have a budget, try not to look for something too expensive.
- Make your quiz more interesting by conducting it in different and fun styles like how they do it on ‘Who wants to be a Millionaire’, ‘the GeoBee Challenge’ or even the ‘Bournvita Quiz Contest.’
Questions That You Could Ask
Here are some questions that you could ask your teachers:
- When is World Teacher’s Day celebrated?
- Who started World Teacher’s Day?
- How many different countries celebrate World Teacher’s Day?
- Did Plato teach Aristotle?
- Who was Aristocles?
- Make a sentence using all the letters of the alphabet.
- a2 + b2 = c2 was said by whom?
- What does eSL stand for?
- In 240 BC, what was the name of the comet sighted by the Chinese?
- Who wrote the Mien Kampf?
- What is the most common element on earth?
- Who invented the thermometer? (1592)
- On which part of your body can you find a bridge?
- Where is the Punto Arenas International airport located?
- In Rudyard Kipling’s Jungle Book, who was Sher Khan?
- Which country developed India ink?
- What does Hades mean?
- In which sport are you competing for the Davis Cup?
- What currency is used in Spain?
- “I’ll make him an offer he can’t refuse.” was written by which author?
- The main color of the UN flag is __________?
- What is the collective noun for ravens?
- Who developed the vaccine for Polio?
These are just a few of the questions that you could ask. You could also add questions pertaining to your school, like school history and fun trivia questions about your school. Hope these questions were helpful and you have a good time conducting your quiz. The trick is to keeping the quiz simple, but complex enough for some brain-war! enjoy and make sure your teacher's enjoy too! Remember that it is their day, and that they should feel appreciated and loved!
Comment On This Article