Craft Ideas For Kids
Want to give something really special to your mom for Mother's Day?
Something you made with your own imagination and hard work. Still you
want it to be really cool? Something she'll never forget? Give the gift
of your time and a little creativity! Tell your Mom how much you love
her through simple creative touchy ways. Here are some craft ideas to
express your love for your mother.
Motifs cut from Wallpaper,cards, old magzines.
White or colored sheets
Glue or gum
Pair of scissors
- Cut two strips from the colored sheets of any length.
- Paste the strips of together. When they dry, trim to
approximately 1 1/2 inches wide by 6 inches long or as desired. Trim
the end to a point or slant.
- stick the motifs on both the sides. Let it dry.
- When completely dried write a verse or a poem on one side with a
- Punch a hole 1/2" from the top and thread with a ribbon.
- Present her with this lovely bookmark and see her smile on the
Large thick sticks
Small beads or any small type of items to put on picture frame (such as
something that sparkles or shines that can be glued on)
Picture for frame
Magnet strips that can be cut to 1 inch for each frame to be made
Pair of scissors
- Take 4 craft sticks. Paint the sticks with one or two glitter
paint and leave it to dry.
- The frame should be a little bigger than the size of your
picture. Check the picture to make sure it is going to fit right in
the frame. If the frame is a little big, tape the picture onto
constru paper and then put into the frame and tape the entire thing
onto the back of the frame.
- After the four sticks are dry, stick them together to make a
square or a rectangle to fit your picture. Stick the corners on the
sticks to form the shape you want.
- After the sticks are together and dry, start to glue on your
decorations to your frame. Write something with a permanent marker
onto the frame. One thing to definitely write on is is the year it
was made, and Happy Mothers Day.
- After the decorations are put on, turn the frame over and stick
your picture onto all the sides of the frame. Then at the top of
your frame after the picture is completely dry glue on the back of
the picture in the middle the 1 inch magnetic strip.
- This way it will stick on the refrigerator all the time as a
3 - 4 paint
- Open your hand and spread yourfingers.
- The body of the butterfly is painted in black. Start with the tip
of your middle finger and paint all the way to the bottom of the
- Next color the palm on both sides of the black line the first
- Then paint the thumb and pinky finger with the second
color.Lastly paint the last two remaining fingers with the third
- You should have atleast 6 colors available so that all of the
butterflies are different.
- Next press the hand onto a piece of white paper. Make sure to
keep the middle finger still and move the other fingers to expand
the "wings" of the butterfly.When the paint dries you can
add antennae with a marker.
- Cut out butterfly and mount on a contrasting piece of color
- Now write any of your favourite poem on the back of the paper.
- Don't forget to write Happy Mother's Day on the top of the paper.
Pair of scissors
Paper - notebook paper, wrapping paper, waxed paper, tissue
- To start, fold one end of the pipe cleaner down about a quarter
of an inch two times, to form a little nub.
- Cut out any shapes you want from the various papers. Circles,
triangles, stars, long strips, anything you can think of. You can
use craft scissors to get interesting edges.
- Push the pipe cleaner through the center of the pieces of paper.
Make sure the decorative side of the paper faces the nub you made
with the pipe cleaner.
- Do the small circles first, and then the larger shapes. Slide
them up the pipe cleaner until you get to the bend.
- Scrunch them up a little bit to make them look more like a real
- You can even create your own paper flower designs. The more
different types of paper you use and funky shapes you cut out, the
more beautiful your bouquet will be.
HOMEMADE PHOTO ALBUM
Cardboard from boxes
Ribbons or lace
Decorative papers with small prints such as flowers, butterflies
A bag of fiberfill
3 holed sheets for holding pictures with pockets
Pieces of colored ribbon to match the material
Pictures for album
These arts and craft ideas are easy and can made my any child who wants
to present some gift to his/her mother. So Best of Luck !!!
- You can make these for 5X7 pictures, 4X6 pictures, 8x10, and
- Cut 2 pieces of cardboard 8 inches wide and 10 inches long. Cut
your material 9x11 inches for the back of the book. This allows for
you to fold over the material on the sides and glue the edges.
- Cut a piece of material 8x10 for the inside back cover. Then take
the back cover and drizzle the glue lightly over the cardboard.
Spread the glue evenly all over and attach the material, making sure
there are no creases or folds in the material.
- Turn the glued back of the photo album over to the side that
shows the cardboard still and drizzle glue there. Spread out the
glue and attach the 8x10 piece of fabric. It should lay on top of
the folded over material from the other side you just finished.
- Set aside and allow to dry.
- For the cover, cut a piece of cardboard 8x10 and in the middle
draw an oval, this is what you will be cutting out.
- Take your scissors and gently make a hole in the middle of the
oval. After you have made a hole, cut the whole oval out of the
cardboard. You should wind up with an even oval. Make sure it looks
even, or your book will be off center when it is completed. If not,
cut another piece and try again till you get it perfect.
- Cut three pieces of material, two 8 inches wide and 10 inches
and one 9x11 inches. Lay the 8x10 piece of the material over the
cardboard that has the oval and with a scissor, gently cut a small
hole in the middle of the oval by making a small "x". When
finished making the "x", pull the material through the
hole gently so that the oval is covered when looking at the cover of
the book. The material is overlapped through to the other side of
the cover. Let it dry.
- Take some fiberfill and gently lift the material that isn't
glued and stuff some fiberfill under it, around the cover. Glue the
fiberfill to the cover.
- Take the second piece of 8x10 material and cover the back of the
inside cover of the album. Now take the last piece of material,
which is the 9x11 piece, and the lace and lay the lace between the
material of the front and back. Tuck and glue the edges of both the
front and back covers by tucking them under each other and glue the
lace along with the tucked edges. The album should have a cover
piece of material, one underneath the top piece and one on the
inside of the book. Let it dry fully and add a picture inside the
oval on the cover.
- Now take a punch hole maker and punch 3 holes in the material at
the edge of the book on the left hand side for ribbon, and add the
pages, tying the ribbon to the book by making bows. This will hold
the pages in. The holes should be placed evenly along the side, one
at top, one in the middle and one at the bottom.
Comment On This Article