If you want to relish on a snack item on Holi,
go for Vegetable Pakora. In this article, we have given the recipe of
Mixed Vegetable Pakoda.
Apart from colors, the festival of Holi is known for
its traditional cuisines. Several scrumptious recipes are prepared in
every Indian home on the occasion of Holi. Apart from full course meal,
varieties of snacks are prepared on this occasion. Some of the popular
snacks include Namak Pare, Dahi Bhalle, Papadi and Vegetable Pakoda.
Made of several vegetables like potato, cabbage, spinach wrapped in
chickpea flour or besan, Vegetable Pakoda is an extremely scrumptious
light snacks that can be served with any sweet dish. In general, people
serve it along with Gujiya and Dahi Bhalle. It is very easy to prepare
and hardly takes half an hour to be ready to be served. If you also want
to make this easy-to-make snack item, this Holi, scroll down for the
Vegetable Pakora Recipe
- 1 cup Chickpea Flour (Besan)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1-2 each Chopped Green Chilies (Jalapeno)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Potato
- 1 small Cauliflower
- 2 Cabbage
- 5 sliced Spinach
- 1 1/2 cup Sliced Onion
- Boil the potato until just tender, peel and chop finely.
- Finely chop cauliflower and onion. Shred the cabbage and spinach.
- Mix first set of ingredients well. Beat in a blender for 4-5
minutes to incorporate air (this will make the batter fluffier).
- Let batter rest 1/2 hour in a warm place.
- Add the vegetables and mix in evenly.
- Deep fry in oil that is heated to 375"
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
- Serve with cilantro or mint chutney or tomato ketchup
Comment On This Article