Papri Chaat is a spicy snack item that is very
popular in the northern parts of India. Explore the recipe of Papri
Chaat, with this article.
India is known for its diverse culture and ethnicity.
When it comes to food, people have different tastes, which may vary as
per their culture and lifestyle. On the occasion of festivals such as
Diwali, Navratri and Holi, people relish on lip-smacking delicacies.
Talking about Holi, the spring festival is all about having a lot of fun
and playful activities with loved ones. During the festival, people
indulge themselves in smearing color on each other, playing with water
and relishing on mouth watering snacks, sweets and thandai. Out of the
snack items prepared for the festival, Papri Chaat stands out. The
easy-to-prepare snack is made using gram flour. Check out the article
and get the recipe for Papri Chaat.
Papri Chaat Recipe
- 1/2 kg Besan
- 1 tsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp(heaped) Salt
- 1 small tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Methi Leaves (chopped fine)
- 1/4 kg Maida
- Mix besan, salt, red chilli powder and oil well.
- Knead the mixture into dough for about five minutes.
- Add the methi leaves and knead for another three minutes or till
it is soft.
- Heat oil in a deep-frying pan on very high heat.
- Rub some oil on your palm.
- Roll out the dough into a long strip one inch thick.
- Cut the roll into inch size pieces.
- Flatten each piece out into a round shape.
- Lightly dust both sides of the small chapatis with maida.
- Fry very lightly on low flame to golden yellow color.
- Take them out with a sieve type ladle and drain the oil
Comment On This Article