A good theme for Halloween party is Harry Potter
Harry Potter at Hogwarts Party Theme
Harry Potter theme is good enough for a Halloween party for the whole family and can include guests from all ages. Children are, especially, going to love this theme. Though you would be required to make some effort, with relation to the venue decoration, party menu, invitations, and the like, it would surely be worth it, especially considering the amount of fun you are going to have. Go through the following lines and explore the Harry Potter theme in detail.
Harry Potter at Hogwarts Halloween Theme Party
- Party invitations on parchment paper, in the Hogwarts style, can be made at home.
- At the entrance, you can put a sign saying Hogwarts School or Platform Nine and Three-Quarters.
- Pumpkins with lighted candles in all sizes can be used to turn your hall into the Great Hall of Hogwarts.
- The centerpiece for the dinner table can be a handmade Sorting Hat made using the felt paper and decorated by sparkling stars, crescent moons and lightning bolts available in the stores. Make sure to give it a tattered look.
- You can name one of your rooms as 'Herbology Class' and put herbs in a large pot, as the centerpiece on the table therein.
- You may create a Quidditch field in your backyard, by spray-painting small plastic balls with gold paint and gluing wings, cut out from golden paper, to it, to make snitches and hang them from the branches of the tree and other high places.
- Black and orange streamers can also be used to decorate the home. You may also decorate the ceiling using glow-in-the-dark stars and play ghost and goblin sounds and scary Halloween music for the party.
- Framed knights or princesses purchased at yard sales can also be put on display near the doors. You may hang a Moaning Myrtle in your bathroom, made up of an old doll draped in translucent fabric.
- Adults can dress up as Dumbledore or other teachers of Hogwarts, while other costume ideas include outfits of owls, ghosts, werewolves, dementors and even humans or Muggles.
- Harry Potter trivia contest can be played for the party and menu can include pumpkin soup, roasted herb potato medley and tossed Green Salad with blue cheese dressing.
- Treats may include assorted jellybeans presented as Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, chocolates in the shapes of frogs, bats, ats, and brooms and apple pie. Serve treats and food in cauldrons.
- Toys or real broomsticks and magic wands can be given out as party favors to the guests.
Comment On This Article