Popcorn balls are easy to make and simply delicious to taste. Glance through the article to find the recipe of how to make popcorn balls.
India celebrates Children’s Day to honor children and childhood. The festival is celebrated on 14th November as the birth anniversary of independent India’s first Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru. Nehru was immensely fondly of children and was known as Chacha Nehru by the kids as a token of respect for the legendary freedom fighter. The national festival is observed across India with great enjoyment, enthusiasm and magnificence. Different events and activities are planned for the day to entertain the kids. Delicious and sumptuous foods are also prepared for the children of India on this special day. Popcorn balls is one such appetizing and delectable snack that is easy to make and light on the stomach. To know the recipe of making popcorn balls, go through the lines below.
How To Make Popcorn Balls
- 2 qt Popcorn (popped)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Corn Syrup
- 1/3 cup Water
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ tsp Salt (omit if popcorn is already salted)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Grease a 4-inch deep baking pan with butter and place the popcorn in it.
- Keep the popcorn dish in the oven.
- Take a large saucepan and combine together sugar, corn syrup, water, butter and salt on medium heat.
- Stir the mixture to dissolve the sugar.
- Cook, stirring frequently, till a candy thermometer inserted reads 250 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and add in vanilla. Stir.
- Remove the popcorn from oven and pour the syrup mixture over the popcorn. Stir well to mix.
- Divide the mixture and form walnut size balls to make popcorn balls.
- 5 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2½ cups Popcorn (unpopped)
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 cup packed Light Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Light Corn Syrup
- 2/3 cup sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Place a 4 quart saucepan on high flame and heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil.
- Add ½ cup of popping corn. Move the pan constantly.
- When the corn has stopped popping, remove the pan from heat.
- Place the popped corn in an oven to keep it warm.
- Repeat with the remaining oil and unpopped popcorn.
- Keep the popcorn in the oven to keep it warm.
- Insert and candy thermometer in a medium saucepan and combine together butter, brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Stir the mixture and boil.
- Add condensed milk, stirring constantly, and simmer till the thermometer reaches 238 degrees F.
- Add in vanilla and stir.
- Pour the caramel over the popcorn and stir well to coat evenly.
- Butter your hand lightly and form balls from the mixture about 3½ inches in diameter.
Comment On This Article