Coffee cookies are a perfect accompaniment with tea or coffee. Explore this article to know the recipe of how to make coffee cookies.
India celebrates its Childrenís Day on 14th November while the world commemorates Universal Childrenís Day on 20th November. This day marks the birth anniversary of Indiaís first Prime Minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. This national festival pays a tribute to Nehruís love and passion for children. Celebrated with great zeal and enthusiasm across India, a number of activities are organized for the kids. They are treated with delicious and scrumptious foods giving them a festive feel. Kids in love with coffee would love to treat on lip-smacking coffee cookies. Glance through the lines below to know the recipe of preparing coffee cookies.
How To Make Coffee Cookies
- 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Butter/ Margarine
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Coconut (flaked)
- 1 tbsp Instant Coffee Powder
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Egg
- ¼ tsp Soda
- A pinch of Salt
- Combine butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla essence. Beat well.
- Sieve together flour, coffee powder, soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Mix to cream.
- Add coconut flakes and blend well.
- Drop teaspoons of the batter onto greased cookie sheets.
- Flatten the cookies with a spatula such that each cookie turns into a 2½ inch circle.
- Bake the cookies at 375 degrees F for about 6 minutes till they are completely cooked.
- Allow the cookies to cool in the oven for a minute or so.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and cool completely.
- 1/3 cup Shortening
- ½ cup packed Brown Sugar
- ½ cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Instant Coffee Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line parchment paper on baking sheets.
- Take a large bowl and mix together shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, egg, vanilla extract and milk. Beat till the mixture gets fluffy.
- Sieve together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and coffee powder in another bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Mix to blend well.
- Divide the dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place the balls on baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Using a fork, glass dipped in sugar, flatten the cookies to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes till they are lightly browned.
Comment On This Article