Find pumpkin pot of cream recipe/receipe here
and know how to make pumpkin pots de creme.
Pumpkin Pot of Cream
Pumpkin gives a lovely color and just a little flavor to this
preparation. This recipe will make about 10 to 11 servings and will take
about 45 minutes to prepare.
- 2 ¾ cups Heavy Cream
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 6 Large Egg Yolks
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- ½ cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 5 oz Pecans
- Toast the pecans and chop them into fine pieces and set them
- Adjust the rack in the lower third of oven and set the
temperature of the oven to 300° F to preheat it.
- Put 11 small ungreased round porcelain ramekins of about ½
cup capacity in a baking pan.
- Put the cream and sugar in a saucepan and heat it just until the
- Put the egg yolks, vanilla and pumpkin puree in a bowl and whisk
- Add the warm cream mixture to it and whisk it with other
- Now, place a strainer over a large bowl and pour the mixture
through the strainer to strain out any cooked egg yolk particles and
deflate bubbles caused from stirring.
- Pour the custard in the strainer in the ramekins.
- Now pour hot water in the baking pan, until it comes to halfway
up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 25 to 27 minutes or until the custards just get set.
- Be vigilant and do not over bake the custard.
- Transfer the ramekins to a wire rack to cool and then cool it in
the refrigerator so that it gets firm.
- Just before you serve, blot the surface of the chilled custards
with a paper towel and sprinkle toasted pecans over its top.
Comment On This Article