Find apple pie recipe/receipe here and know how
to make apple pies.
Thanksgiving is approaching and you must be having a long list of dishes to prepare for the feast, right from the appetizers to the dessert. Talking about dessert, apple pie is an important recipe of the festival, which makes the whole feast irresistibly delicious. Preparing apple pie is easy and can be conveniently done at home, with some easily available stuff. We bring you an easy recipe to make apple pie for this year’s Thanksgiving feast. The dough for the recipe can be stored in the freezer for a long time, ranging from 2 days to 2 weeks. The quince paste, also known as membrillo, is available in well-stocked markets and specialty cheese shops. It will take about one and a half hour to make this pie, including the time to assemble the materials together, and it will give about 6 to 8 servings. Read on to explore the recipe of apple pie.
How To Make Apple Pie
For Pastry Dough
- ¼ cup Ice Water
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Yellow Cornmeal
- 7 tbsp Unsalted Cold Butter
For Fruit Filling
- ¼ tsp Ground All-spice
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Walnuts
- 2 oz Quince Paste
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3 Small Golden Delicious Apples
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- Stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut the butter into small pea-sized pieces and scatter it evenly over the flour mixture.
- Sprinkle ice water over the flour mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, while tossing it with fork. This will help distribute the moisture in the mixture uniformly, so that it sticks together.
- Use hands to shape the moistened fur into a cohesive ball. Flatten it roughly into a square shape and wrap it in plastic.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours or more, before rolling.
- Peel the apples, cut them in half, throw out the core and cut them in 1/8” thin slices.
- Melt the butter and keep it aside.
- Toast the walnuts and chop them coarsely.
- Adjust rack in center of oven and set its temperature to 400° F to preheat it.
- In the meantime, sprinkle flour lightly on the work surface and roll the dough to about 1/8” thickness.
- Line a large rimless baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drape the dough over the rolling pin and set it on the baking sheet.
- Toss apple slices, sugar, spices, nuts, and butter together.
- Spread the apple mixture evenly on the pastry, leaving an uncovered border of about 1½ to 2 inches.
- Fold the border over the fruit filling, to form a shape similar to that of a drawstring purse.
- Lightly coat the edge of the pastry with water using a pastry brush. Now, sprinkle sugar at the edges.
- Bake the pastry for about 40 to 50 minutes or until it is golden and crisp. Then, transfer it to the cooling rack, for 10 minutes.
- Cut the quince paste into 10 1 x ½ x 3/8 inch rectangular slices and put them under random apple slices, in a way that they peek out to give the delicious look to the dessert.
- Transfer the pie to a serving plate and serve warm.
Comment On This Article