Puliyodarai is one of the most famous recipes prepared on Ganesh Chaturthi. Read the recipe given below to know how to make it.
Ganesh Chaturthi or Ganesh Utsav is celebrated all across India and is also the biggest festival in Maharashtra. This festival is celebrated with great fervor and joy. People gather together with their family and friends to celebrate the birthday of Lord Ganesha. And as it is a birthday celebration, it cannot go without food. Various special dishes are prepared on this special day and offered to the Lord. One of the most famous recipes prepared on this occasion is Puliyodarai. It is a rice dish, which is very easy to make. Read the recipe of Puliyodarai given below to know how to make it.
- Cooked Rice, according to need
- 4 - 5 Cups water
- Few Corriander Seeds
- Few Red Chillies
- 5 -6 Spoons of Oil
- Few Mustard seeds
- Few Methi seeds
- 1/2 Cup Udad Dal
- 1/2 Cup Channa Dal
- Few Red Chilies
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- Few Curry Leaves
- Few Groundnuts
- Soak a good quantity of tamarind in hot water,
- Allow it to soak for about 10 minutes after that remove the pulp, it should approximately be about 4-5 cups.
- Meanwhile grind coriander seeds (daniya seeds) and red chillies into a fine powder.
- Heat about 5-6 spoons of oil in a pan.
- Splatter mustard seeds, methi seeds, udad dal, channa dal, red chilli, hing, curry leaves & groundnuts.
- Fry all them till golden brown.
- Put 1 spoon of red chilli powder, 1/2 spoon of turmeric powder and add the tamarind water into it.
- Once it is boiling add the salt according to taste, along with the grinded powder.
- Allow it to reduce in volume; soon you will see the oil leaving the sides of the pan. When it attains a chutney consistency, remove from flame.
- Mix it with rice for pulliodirai.
Comment On This Article