Ganesh chaturthi is simply unthinkable without Motichoor Laddu. Read the recipe given below to know how to make Motichoor Ke Laddu.
Motichoor Laddu is thought to be the favorite food of Lord Ganesha. In fact, the sweet also finds a mention in the aarti of lord Ganesha, where a line goes "ladduan ka bhog lage, sant Karen seva". So, when it is occasion of Lord Ganesha's birthday i.e. Ganesh chaturthi, then how one can forget to make the sweetmeat. Motichoor laddus are not very difficult to make and can be prepared in a matter of minutes. In case you need any help in making them, we have also provided the recipe for motichoor laddu in the lines below.
Motichoor Ke Laddu Recipe
- 2 ½ cups Gram Flour (not superfine variety)
- 500 ml Milk
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 3 cups Ghee
- A fine-holed Shallow Strainer Spoon
- 2 1/2 cups Sugar
- 3 1/2 cups Water
- 2 tbsp. Milk
- 3 cups Ghee
- Put sugar and water in a vessel and boil.
- When sugar dissolves, add milk.
- Boil for 5 minutes till scum forms on top.
- Strain and return to fire.
- Add color and boil till sticky but no thread has formed.
- Add cardamom powder and mix. Keep aside.
- Mix flour and milk to a smooth batter
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under stuffing except milk
- Heat ghee in a heavy frying pan
- Hold strainer on top with one hand
- With the other pour some batter all over the holes
- Tap gently till all batter has fallen into hot ghee
- Stir with another strainer and remove when light golden
- Keep aside. Repeat for remaining batter
- Immerse boondi in syrup.
- Drain any excess syrup.
- Spread in a large plate. Sprinkle little hot water over it.
- Cover and keep for 5 minutes.
- Shape in laddoos with moist palms.
- Cool and keep open to dry, before storing in containers.
Comment On This Article